On a hot summer day there is little more refreshing than a juicy slice of watermelon. This sweet and slurp-a-licious fruit with its pretty contrast of pinks and greens has inspired all sorts of decor and fashion finds.
Check out this roundup dedicated to the wonderful watermelon. Then hop on over to my Pinterest page to see more trends that have caught my eye.
- This ultra chic watermelon and leaves print by Bouffants and Broken Hearts can be printed on pillows, mugs, phone cases, totes, tees, and even rugs. Discover all the ways to enjoy this pretty print on the Society 6 website.
- Pay proper homage to the cult classic Dirty Dancing with an understated poster that would look positively posh in any room. What a great conversation starter too!
- Another watermelon inspired find on Society 6, this time by artist Anna Lindner looks super sweet as a throw pillow. The perfect pop to add some fresh summer fun to your decor.
- This cake is bananas! Well actually it’s a watermelon, but you know what I mean. Not only does it look like a mouth-watering melon, it apparently tastes like one too. Created by Bird on a Cake this recipe is almost too good to eat… almost.
- I just love this DIY Watermelon Wrapping Paper found on the Inner Child Fun blog. They use a potato and a paintbrush to create this adorable print that could be applied to just about anything. So easy to do with the littles too.
- Another awesome DIY inspired by watermelons is this adorable stamped doormat found on ehow. They use sections of a sponge to create the flesh and rind shapes and use exterior paints to ensure a lasting finish. Love it!
- This silk pouchette by P. Johnson Tailors is actually a pocket square, but it was too cute not to include in this roundup. If you’re into suits or no someone who is, how great would this be peaking out of any pocket?
- We can always count on Kate to deliver cute and quirky. She has “coined” the market on fruity fun accessories this summer like this cute round change purse.
- These sweet peekaboo heels showcasing just a slice of melon inspiration were spotted on Chictopia. Paired with this iconic check these shoes just scream summer picnic.
- This adorable Slice of Heaven Tank found on ShopRiffRaff would definitely be a summery staple in my wardrobe.
- How delicious is this watermelon inspired two-piece spotted on Seventeen. Can you believe it was only $16 on walmart.com!
- This equally cute watermelon skirt seen on Trend Hunter is totally fun and flirty number for summer. In a classic pencil shape it would pair well with just about anything from a tank to a lightweight sweater or a denim shirt as seen here.
I’ve got two more round ups planned this month, so be sure to sign up for email alerts so you don’t miss out!
Feature image courtesy of design-seeds.