With a new nephew due to arrive in mere moments it’s got me thinking about my favourite go-to-gifts for new parents and their babes. So I thought I would share a few of my choice picks, tried and tested by yours truly, that are sure to please any proud parent to be.
1. The Animal Print Shop gallery prints. I just love Sharon Montrose’s photography. She has this amazing connection with animals and these prints are perfect in a nursery, kid’s room or family room. We own five different ones – totally obsessed!
2. Aden + Anais cotton muslin blankets. We use these for everything. As a nursing cover, draped over the stroller, on the floor for playtime, you name it. So versatile and they get softer and softer with every wash.
3. A sound machine that plays a variety of soothing sounds including ocean waves, rain and white noise is a great addition to any nursery. We used one in our room while baby shared our space and now have one in each of the kids’ room. It’s a great noise diffuser too for sounds outside the bedroom door.
4. Wee Urban sleep sacks, blankets and more. Made from the softest cotton and bamboo we simply love this line of products. I bought my new nephew the latest fox print sleep sack and my four year is still wearing the giraffe print dress I bought when her sister was two. They hold up really well.
5. A home-cooked meal prepared and ready to just pop in the oven was the best gift I received after coming home from the hospital. My girlfriends all coordinated a roundup of their favourite recipes and each one contributed a meal that my hubby could pop in the oven or warm up quickly so we could focus on ourselves and baby. Awesome! (Photo source.)
6. A classic Canadian tradition the Hudson’s Bay Blanket in baby size. The perfect stroller blanket in the softest knit. It’s one of those gifts that just feels timeless and like an heirloom you can pass on with each generation.
7. The Happiness Project Journal for New Mothers by Gretchen Rubin is such a great tradition to give a new momma. The journal spans five years and only requires a single sentence written each day. It’s a great little time capsule to record these first few years with the little ones.
These are just a few of my top picks for new parents. How about you? Do you have any go-to gifts you love give again and again?